Unfortunate times for fight and fitness enthusiasts of the world. The novel corona virus has spread through most of the globe and declared a pandemic. That means cancelling most public events, sports and competition, fight or contact sports; and worst of all, no more gyms.
In times like these, it is important to stay calm and composed. Do not let anxiety get the best of you. Thinking with a clear head is vital if we are to fight this disease together as a global community.
It is our responsibility as a brand to make sure our customer base is being as responsible as possible. You are not alone in this time of crisis. We will #FightTogether and combat our most dangerous opponent yet.
Let’s get some ABC’S in times of Corona out of the way.
Knowing the signs and symptoms of the disease is an important aspect in the fight against corona. Watch out for anyone having the symptoms near or around you, whether at home or at the office. Distance yourself at least 6ft from anyone that you think might have it.
Here are some steps you can take to minimize its spread.
- Wash your hands with antibacterial soap regularly for at least 30 seconds.
- Avoid touching your face before washing your hands.
- Always carry a hand sanitizer with yourself.
- Cough or sneeze in a tissue and dispose it immediately. If a tissue is not available use the inside of your elbow.
- Maintain healthy behaviors such as sleeping on time, eating healthy and working out.
- Avoid large gatherings.
- Distance yourself if you suspect you have symptoms.
Proactivity is key. You need to stay ahead of the curve. Gather all the information you can, read up on the possible risks of catching the infection. Ensure that the information sources are reliable. Any false information could cause more harm and confusion, which nobody wants.
Guard yourself from wrong and misleading information by visiting websites of authentic news sources such as WHO (World health Organization), Center for Disease Control and Prevention, and credible news channels like BBC, CNN, or Al-Jazeera.
Don’t readily accept any information that you read on social media, or any news given to you by your friends and family before verifying its legitimacy.
Make sure you don’t run out of essential items such as;
- Water and food.
- Over the counter medication and prescription medication.
- Hygiene products such as soap, hand wash, shampoo, deodorants etc.
- Cleaning supplies like surface cleaners, disinfectants, hand sanitizers, trash bags and bleach.
You don’t need to buy everything all at once but if the pandemic is spreading to your area and you think that these items won’t be easily accessible, then it’s better to stock up on time. Also, make sure that you’re considerate about others who, like you, are preparing to fight the same battle when you’re stocking up on resources. We’re a global community and with the kind of distancing this situation requires, we need to be supportive of one another now more than ever.
Make a Plan
Think of all the possible scenarios that could occur and make contingency plans accordingly.
Here are some scenarios that we think are probable;
- Being restricted to our homes.
- Unavailability of appropriate healthcare facilities.
- Potential stress toll and anxiety on the masses.
By acting together now we can fight it in time by following the mentioned practices, but that doesn’t mean that this pandemic is to be taken lightly. Keep calm, don’t panic, distance yourself, and maintain hygiene.
Share your stories on how you’re doing your part. Use #FightTogether and get a feature on our social media.