Whenever boxers, MMA and other combat sports fighters, start their training camps, they have to make a lot of sacrifices to their diet. The most difficult one being giving up tasty desserts. Fret not, you don’t have to keep yourself away from sweet treats, thanks to these healthy dessert recipes.
Healthy Dessert Recipes
This recipe is free of everything that you have been told to avoid by your coach.
It is dairy free, has no gluten and contains a lot of protein.
- 1 cup of almonds
- 3 cups of water
- 1 cup almond milk
- 3 dates, cut in small pieces
- 2 ounces of Chia Seeds
- Sea salt, to taste
- The almonds need to be soaked in water overnight
- Put the dates in the water with the almonds and sprinkle some sea salt
- Put them in the fridge for at least a day
- Take the mixture out and throw it in the blender
- Strain it in a glass and put chia seeds in the liquid
- Pour almond milk on top, about 1 inch
- Put this mixture in the fridge for about 4 hours
- Take it out and put strawberries and blueberries, or any fruit of your choice, to serve
Chocolate Banana Ice Cream
Ice cream is forbidden fruit if you are a fighter in training, especially if you need to cut weight.
There are healthy ways to cut weight and when you adopt them you can have this healthy ice cream as well;
- 4 medium bananas
- 3 teaspoons of cinnamon
- 4 tablespoons of cocoa powder
- 1/8 teaspoon of cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons toasted coconut flakes
- Cut bananas into small pieces and freeze them.
- Take them out and out them into the blender and blend until smooth.
- Add other ingredients to the smooth bananas, except the coconut flakes.
- Blend until everything is mixed.
- Pour it into a container and put in the freezer for about 30 minutes.
- Sprinkle the coconut on top and serve.
Pears with Yogurt
Absolutely no sugar is needed for this mouthwatering dessert. All natural ingredients will offer plenty of sweetness to the dish;
- 3/4 cup of apple juice
- 1/2 cup of pomegranate juice
- 2 inch long orange peel strip
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 2 pears, peeled, cut in half, and seeded
- 1 cup of yogurt
- Put in the apple juice, pomegranate juice, orange rind, and cinnamon stick in a pan and heat them until the mix comes to a boil
- Plan the halves of the pear, cut side down, in the pan
- Let them simmer for about 10-15 minutes
- All the while keep pouring sauce over the pears with a spoon
- Remove the pears after they are soft and cook the sauce until it thickens. About 5 more minutes should do it
- Pour it over the pears and put them in the refrigerator
- Take them out after a few hours and put a scoop of yogurt on top before serving
No complicated ingredients and elongated directions. These nutritious cookies are quick to make and deliciously quick to eat as well;
- 2 medium bananas
- 1 cup of uncooked oats
- 1/4 cup crushed walnuts
- Preheat oven to 3500F
- Put a non-stick cookie sheet on a tray
- Mash the bananas in a bowl
- Add the oats and walnuts to the bananas and mix thoroughly
- Put scoops of the mix on the tray and put it in the oven
- Bake for about 15 minutes and sprinkle some more walnuts if desired before serving
The perfect part about all of the dessert recipes above is that you only need a few minutes to make them.
They will not make a dent in your diet or calorie count but still give your sweet tooth what it wants.