Fighters have to get their fill of protein when they are in training. Boxers, Muay Thai, Jiu-Jitsu, MMA, etc. athletes have to include high protein foods in their diet to get the daily fill. Here we have three great recipes for breakfast, lunch, and dinner that are high in protein and also in deliciousness.
Include one of these recipes in your daily diet plan and you will get a good chunk of your daily protein from them. Also, anyone trying to lose weight can also use these recipes.
High Protein Breakfast – Oatmeal Pancakes
If pancakes are your favorite, then you don’t have to give them up when you are in training camp for an upcoming tournament or fight. All you have to do is adjust the recipe a bit;
- 1 and 1/3 cup of oats (whole grain)
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1/2 cup cottage cheese
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- A pinch of cinnamon
- Put the whole-grain oats in a blender
- Add the baking powder into the mix and blend until it is as fine as flour
- Now put the rest of the ingredients – cheese, eggs, water, etc. – in the blender and blend
- Add the mixture to the bowl with the flour in it and stir with a spoon to mix them together
- Scoop small amounts of the batter and place on a non-stick pan.
- Cook each side until they are light brown and take them off the pan.
- Serve with your favorite healthy topping and enjoy.
High Protein Lunch – Edamame Feta Salad
A quick salad recipe that packs a punch when it comes to nutritious value. High in protein, this salad will help your muscles recover from your afternoon workout;
- 2 cups of cooked edamame (shell and boil them for 5 minutes)
- 1 cup corn
- 1 cup quick cooking brown rice
- 1/2 orange pepper (diced)
- Cilantro leaves (to taste)
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta
- 2 green onions (sliced)
- 1 medium Roma tomato (diced)
- 1 medium avocado (peeled and diced)
- Salt (to taste); if you are in training you may want to lay off the salt
- Black pepper (to taste)
- Cayenne pepper (to taste)
- 2 tablespoons of lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- Take a medium or large bowl and toss all the ingredients in one by one.
- Give it a taste and add seasoning to taste.
- You can eat it immediately or keep it in a fridge for a day.
- If you eat it the next day, you will get more flavor from the ingredients.
High Protein Dinner – Honey Garlic Salmon
A mouthwatering salmon recipe that will be perfect as the last meal of your tiring day;
- 1 pound salmon fillet
For the Sauce
- 1 teaspoon garlic paste (or minced garlic)
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger paste (or minced ginger)
- 4 tablespoons of honey
- 2 tablespoons of soy sauce
- Seasoning (to taste)
- Mix the sauce ingredients together in a bowl
- Marinate the salmon with sauce and leave it for about 30 minutes
- Put the salmon on a baking sheet
- Bake it for 20 minutes at 350 degrees
- About halfway through, pour the remaining sauce on the salmon
- Pour your favorite seasoning and serve with a side of salad
So have a hearty high protein breakfast, lunch, or dinner by simply adding one of these recipes to your daily meals.
Do make sure that your coach knows about all the diet changes you are making so he can make adjustments to your training regime if needed.
For those who are just looking to lose weight, all the recipes above are healthy and low in bad carbs. They will aid you in creating the calorie deficit you need for weight loss.