Either you are a boxer throwing fearful punches while training or someone going out for a daily run. You will feel the urge to take a sports drink with you to boost stamina. But they aren’t as effective as you think. Plus, they aren’t very easy on your health. Most of them have harmful chemical preservatives in abundance.
What you need to do is find a healthy alternative!
You need those homemade energy drinks that are full of nutrition and healthy ingredients. And they can boost your stamina as a bonus.
The biggest advantage is that these drinks are not difficult to make. You won’t even have to spend much on the ingredients.
We are here to entertain your no-time and no-energy worries with our list of stamina-boosting healthy drinks.
No side-effect and no artificial additive, simple and natural solutions that are available inside your home!
1. Coconut Oil
A good boost for your energy as well as stamina. Take ½ tablespoons of extra-virgin coconut oil daily, either in your smoothies or coffee.
It has healthy fats including MCTs (medium-chain triglycerides) that are easily digested and act as a form of direct energy.
- Ensures good heart health
- Strengthens immunity forces
- Reduces abdominal fats if taken in small amounts
Though you hate this one, this spicy drink has curcumin, a compound that offers tremendous health benefits. You can:
- Add a teaspoon of turmeric powder in milk and simmer it for 5 minutes. Add honey as a sweetener.
- Take turmeric supplements after consulting the doctor or nutritionist.
- Add turmeric juice to any sweet fruit or vegetable juice.
- Has inflammatory properties for energy restoration
- Increases the performance level and stamina by reducing the energy recovery time
- Enrich muscle repair once you have exerted them
A glass of the beet juice a day keeps the fatigue and exhaustion away!
For bodybuilders, boxers, runner, or marathon racers, this drink can do wonders as far as stamina is concerned.
According to the study that was published on Fox News, have one glass of this juice and:
- Exercise almost 16% more than the others.
- Enjoy more endurance power
- Keep all other diets at rest
4. Apple Cider Vinegar
An apple drink a day keeps the nutritionists away.
This one on the list is another natural drink that boosts stamina and refreshes your day.
Take the unfiltered and raw apple cider vinegar (easily available in market) and mix its 1 tablespoon with honey. You can also blend it with some maple syrup that acts as a natural sweetener.
- Natural detoxifier
- Alkalizes body to remain active
- Burns accumulated fats on your body
- Has abundance of electrolytes to boost up stamina
5. Green Tea
Old is gold! This centuries-old green drink is every grandma’s ultimate solution to deal with any health problem.
Green tea has polyphenols that fight your stress and exhaustion. You can:
- Add a teaspoon of green tea leaves in one cup of hot water. Let it steep for 5 minutes and pour the drink into your mug. Add honey as a sweetener in this bitter hot drink and consume it 2-3 times a day.
- As per your doctor’s consultation, you can also have green tea supplements available in the pharmacies.
A study was published in the American Physiology Society journal in 2005. It was reported in the study that:
- 24% increase in endurance during an exercise or training is recorded if you regularly drink green tea.
- Stimulates sleep
- Burns extra fats on your body
Are you still going to transfer those unsafe colorful drinks down your throat? I can hear that loud voice saying, ‘No, and never!’
Whenever your energy wanes, take out the healthy drink in your fridge and replenish your stamina deposits.