Usually bodybuilders and beginners who want to build on muscles while staying lean follow the same principle of bulking: eating everything that’s available to them. Then they start off “cutting” or burning fat by lowering their calories and choosing cleaner, healthier options. Though this strategy works wonders, it takes a lot of time to get into a desirable shape. Also excessive eating and cutting can lead to serious health concerns on cellular level, making it difficult for the athlete to manage weight at a desired scale.
If you look to cut down fat and build muscle instead, then focusing on every calorie that goes into your mouth is very important. Watching your diet also helps merge the above two phases into one, helping you to build muscle while losing fat, achieving a fit body.
The following recipes offer very few calories with rich sources of high-quality protein and some carbs that burn fat, help in regeneration of new muscles while providing the body needed energy to perform intense, anaerobic workouts. They keep on releasing energy slowly throughout the day so that you can burn fat during first half of the day while directing your energy into muscle growth during the rest of the day.
In order for you to witness a noticeable difference, try this diet for a period of six weeks.
In the morning take 12 ounces of black coffee, which offer 4 calories while revving up your metabolism. Depending upon your taste, you can make any type of coffee that you want. Here is a recipe of French Press.
- 2 Tablespoons coarsely ground coffee
- 12 ounces of water
Preparation Time: 6 min
- Put ground coffee in French Press. Now pour in water. Close the lid without stirring it. Leave it that way for 4 minutes.
- Use plunger down with the weight of your hand until it touches the bottom. Now quickly pour out the coffee and serve while hot.
From This Meal You Will Get:
4 calories, 0g protein, 0g fiber, 0g carbs, 0g fat
Need Anything Else?
Our ancestors have been surviving long fasting hours in which they gathered and hunted food. Our body responses the way we train it. However, if it is hard for you to stay empty stomach after a few hours, you can consider from the following options:
- One serving of any fruit of your choice
- 4 eggs
- Quarter cup of nuts
- 8 ounces lean meat
- 2 Tablespoons natural peanut butter
Avocado And Salmon
You can easily get 45 grams of protein that help in muscle building and omega-3 fatty acids that improve heart health, increase recovery while reducing inflammation.
- 8 ounces salmon OR a single chicken breast
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- Salt and Pepper for taste
- Half Avocado OR 3 eggs
Preparation Time: 13 min
- Pour olive oil on the salmon. Now sprinkle salt and pepper. Grill each side for 5 minutes.
- Cut avocado in half and serve along with the fish. Alternatively, you can serve the fish with 3 eggs.
From This Meal You Will Get:
480 calories, 47g protein, 7g fiber, 9g carbs, 29g fat
Chicken With Potatoes
24 ounces of potatoes will provide you with sufficient carbs that will help in regeneration of new muscles. If you are not fond of eating potatoes, you can replace them with 4 cups of white rice or you can opt for both, reducing their quantity.
- 4 Tablespoons Canola Oil
- One and half red potato, cut
- One large sweet potato, cut
- 8 ounce chicken fillet
- 1 cup white rice
- ½ red pepper, cut
- ½ cup carrot, cut
- 1 cup broccoli
Preparation Time: 35 minutes
- Pour 1 tablespoon oil in a wok. Fry red and sweet potato until they are slightly tender and brown. This would take around 12 minutes.
- Now take out the fried potatoes from the wok into a bowl and pour 2 tablespoon oil in it. Now stir fry chicken fillet for about 3 minutes on each side.
- Cook rice according to the instructions on the package.
- Now heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a frying pan and stir fry red pepper, onion, carrots and broccoli for about 10 minutes so that they are soft and golden brown in colour.