A medicine ball is just your normal friendly looking ball, if your normal ball weighed around 10kg.
There are countless exercises that you can do with a medicine ball because it allows dynamic movements; standing, sitting, lying down, moving or static exercises are all possible.
Medicine ball is revolutionizing abs and core workouts with increased agility in your arms and hands muscles. Designing a workout plan around a medicine ball is the easiest thing in the fitness world. Here is how medicine ball benefits you:
- It is fun to use
- Can be used in many different ways
- Risk of injury is lowered
- It can strengthen your muscles
What to do with a Medicine Ball
Medicine balls come in weights from 5 kg to 12 kg and here is how you can formulate the perfect workouts for it.
Kneeling Partner Twist
You can do this exercise while sitting or standing;
- Get on your knees and have your back against your partner’s back.
- Pass the ball from your right side to your partner.
- Twist to your other side to grab the ball from the left side.
- Repeat the circle for at least 90 seconds.
- Start over with anticlockwise motion.
Medicine Ball Abs Circuit
Medicine ball makes your abs work harder. You have to include three phases in this workout.
- In the first phase, you throw the ball in all directions and catch it.
- In the second phase, you use the medicine ball to do an alternating arm medicine ball plank.
- Lastly, roll the ball out in a kneeling position with your hands while keeping your lower back extended.
- Repeat for at least 5 times.
Begin by standing at least 3 feet away from the wall and your left side facing it.
- Hold the medicine ball at your chest.
- Throw the ball to the wall and catch it after it bounces back.
- Repeat on the right side and finish at least 5 reps on each.
Start by holding the ball over your head and with your feet shoulder width apart.
- Slam the ball on the floor, as hard as you can.
- Pick it up and repeat for at least 10 times.
- If it feels too easy, try standing with your one foot forward and one behind.
Medicine ball stomach hits
Want killer abs? This is the workout for you.
- Make your partner stand in front of you and throw the ball at their abs.
- They will catch and throw it back at your abs but after it hits their abs.
- Repeat with lower force in the beginning and gradually increase the throw.
The great thing about medicine balls is the number of ways you can use them. So just integrate them in your workouts and see how fun and effective they make your routines.
Browse our DIY section for extensive combat gear advice and information.