When it comes to naming the ultimate lady fighter of the UFC, there is only one name that pops up in the mind: Julianna Pena!
This 28-year old MMA fighter from Washington is the first woman who ever won the title of ‘The Ultimate Fighter.’ With the amazing record of 11-3, this confident lady is motivated to continue his boxing career.
A healthy meal is as important as a good hard training workout session.
What Is Pena’s Most Favorite Pre Workout Recipe?
Thanks to Raphaella Augusto, Penna’s nutritionist, we are about to share a pre workout recipe that is clean as well as healthy to follow.
Some healthy foods just ruin your workout sessions. Before disclosing Penna’s pre workout recipe, we would like you to make sure that you aren’t eating any of these before going to a gym.
Here is her ultimate pre workout recipe for a healthy meal:
Chicken breast with roasted sweet potatoes, caramelized onions, and garlic broccoli
Ingredients You Need
- Pepper (to taste)
- Olive Oil (5 tablespoons)
- Pink Salt (to taste)
- Garnet Yams (4)
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil/Butter (2 tablespoons)
- Thinly Sliced Garlic Cloves (6)
- Broccoli (2 heads: 1.25 pounds)
- Sliced Onion (1)
- Chicken Breasts (4)
How to Cook?
- Grill the chicken breasts.
- Mix 2 tablespoons of olive oil with the sliced onion and 3 thinly sliced garlic cloves.
- Cook it for almost 3 minutes until the onion and garlic turn golden brown.
- Take your grilled chicken breasts and add the cooked mixture of the pan in them.
- Cook the mixture of step#4 at low heat until it mixes well.
- Fry 3 sliced garlic cloves and 2 tablespoons of olive oil/butter in a pan.
- Take the broccoli and steam it for 10 minutes.
- Use pepper and salt for its seasoning as per your taste.
- Coat it with garlic and olive oil/butter mixture you prepared in the step#1.
- Take your grill and pre-heat it.
- Add all seasonings in a pot and fill it with water just enough to drown the 4 sweet potatoes in it.
- Boil it.
- Slice the garnet yams and add those slices to the boiling water.
- Cook the mixture for almost 10-12 minutes after covering it with a lid.
- Take out one slice and test it with the knife. It should be a bit stiff in the center but tender outside.
- If that is the case, drain the potatoes slices and place them on the preheated grill.
- Grill it for 12 minutes; 6 minutes for each side.
- With soft insides and darkened outsides, they are ready to serve.
Your Chicken breasts with roasted sweet potatoes, caramelized onions, and garlic broccoli is ready to serve!
This pre workout recipe is very good to keep the blood sugar constant during a workout. It has proteins and low-to-medium GI (glycemic index) carbs.
Boost up your endurance and stamina with this amazing Penna’s pre workout recipe!