Bellator 138 and UFC Fight Night 69 have come up with an exciting mix of different contests between various big names at St. Louis’ Scottrade Center. The major headline of the night is Ken Shamrock and Kevin “Kimbo Slice” Ferguson fight. While UFC women’s Strawweight champion Joanna Jedrzejczyk is putting her title on the line against Jessica Penne, which brings great curiosity for the fans. The event is streaming on UFC Fight Pass from O2 World Berlin in Germany.
The event was also featuring a thrilling match-up between the two top stars Alexander Gustafsson and Glover Teixeira but due to an undisclosed injury Gustafsson pulled-out from the UFC Berlin matchup. However, due to huge fan following, even if Gustafsson-Teixeira had gone through, the majority eyes are focused on Shamrock and Kimbo.
Here are the Top Ten reason why you should watch Bellator 138 and UFC Fight Night 69?
- It is predicted that fans will witness a quick ending of Bellator’s featured fight as “Kimbo Slice”, who holds an impressive fight record of 4-2 MMA and 0-0 BMMA, will drop Shamrock within a matter of seconds. It is interesting to mention here that apart from an exception in 2010, Shamrock has never gone through the first round in 13 years. However, be it will be a glorious victory or a sad loss, this will be Shamrock’s last fight or at least the last time he is permitted to fight.
- Bellator Featherweight champ Patricio Freire has rightly said that he is the major highlight of the event against Daniel Weichel but the actual story is far different. Although he is a Bellator champ, he couldn’t get enough coverage for Friday’s event in the official weigh-ins. Bellator has different priorities and unluckily Freire-Weichel is not the hot cake, but they will get a good place and hopefully they will make the best of it.
- Bobby Lashley is squaring off Dan Charles will be one of the top events. As in one of his previous press releases, he stated that he wants to have one of his fights with UFC and this fight will be a good platform for him to make his presence known among other top names. But Charles also holds are record, which boasts about dropping many good fighters from his heavy punching technique, so fans can expect something very thrilling from this match.
- Daniel Straus and Michael Chandler are two such ex-champs who are searching for another win to stabilize their fighting careers. So fans can really grab some highlight-reel footage from this contest as well.
- Justin Lawrence, who probably entered the octagon a bit too soon, has paid a lot with his early exit, and is now making his presence known once again by facing Sean Wilson. So it will be interesting to see whether nature bestows him with a glorious win or despair will be the Lawrence’ destiny.
- Women’s Strawweight division is now presenting Joanna Jędrzejczyk in a featured fight against Jessica Penne. This fight is the main highlight of the event for many fans to see, who will be the winner of this division?
- After recent distresses, now featherweights Dennis Siver and Tatsuya Kawajiri are going to lock their horns to get back into the limelight again, which they lost in their previous defeats. A lot of action can be anticipated by the veterans.
- Back in 2014 when Nick Hein faced James Vick and got the tough break of his career. Now from this fight, Hein needs to reform himself with a win over the submission specialist Lukasz Sajewski.
- Makwan Amirkhani is in dire need to prove himself more than a low-card talent. The Bellator has now provided him a chance to prove his skills against Masio Fullen.
- Alan Patrick, who is still unbeaten from his 12 fights, has successfully submitted John Makdessi in his second UFC fight and is going to encounter someone really challenging this time round in the form of Mairbek Taisumov. He is more experienced and a fighter with a wider arsenal of techniques than the Brazilian’s last two opponents.
For more on Bellator 138 and UFC Fight Night 69, check out world boxing news!