Weighted vests are used in the wide variety of training regimes. Carrying an extra baggage while training can help you improve the physical performance and shape. Weighted vests target a wider set of muscle groups and create the additional resistance during muscle building, body weight, and high octane cardio exercises.
In the adjustable weighted vest, you can easily position the desired weight in the optimal center of gravity as per your body type. This way, the weight is concentrated in the upper body and chest while training. Hence, it works best to build the core muscle strength. You can purchase an adjustable weighted vest here:
Safety Comes First!
You can use a weighted vest for a wide range of exercises and workouts like:
- Skipping Rope
- Bike Riding
- Weight Training
However, before strapping that heavy vest around your body, make sure that your body is conditioned enough to carry that extra weight. Start with the light weights and then gradually work your way to a heavier weighted vest. If you go too hard on your body, your joints may be injured due to excessive stress and pressure. Before moving on to the weighted vest exercises, carefully read these safety rules first:
Weighted Vest Exercises
We have compiled the list of 7 best weighted vest exercises to boost your performance and enjoy maximum results.
1. Overhand Pull Up
You need an excess to a pull up bar to do this exercise.
- Grab a pull up bar with an overhand grip.
- Hang at the arm’s length.
- Start pulling your body up until your chin goes over the bar.
- Pause for a while.
- Now lower down.
- Do at least 12 reps!
If you don’t have a pull-up bar, you can buy one at a reasonable price here:
2. Abs Walkout
This one is good to work out your abs.
- Support your body on the floor with both your arms and legs.
- Now walk forward on the arms until the stomach is just a few inches above the ground.
- Now reverse the motion.
- Do at least 3 reps!
Sprawl is more like an MMA burpee.
- Stand up such that your spine is dead straight.
- Jump onto the ground like a press-up.
- You must perform this movement with your upper body.
- Now stand up straight again.
- Do at least 5 reps!
4. Plyometric Skater Jump
This one is an interesting and a bit difficult exercise to work out your smaller ab muscles.
- Cross the left leg behind the right one.
- Now od a half squat.
- Jump to the left.
- Now swap your legs and arms.
- Keep on hopping from one side to another.
- Try to do at least 3 jumps in each direction.
5. Mountain Climbers
Killer move to build muscles.
- Take a press-up position.
- Now take your left knee up towards the left elbow.
- Swap sides.
- Try to do at least 20 reps of mountain climbers.
6. Prisoner Squat Hold
Excellent for a lower body workout.
- Take the prisoner position: stand tall and place the fingers on the back of your head.
- Go down in a squat position.
- Hold for almost 5 seconds after stopping at the bottom.
- Return to the prisoner pose again.
- It is recommended that you must do 3 reps of prisoner squat hold.
7. Box Jump
This one just required an old wooden box to improve the athletic abilities.
- Set up a box that is at least mid-thigh high.
- Now take up a squat position.
- Swing your arms back.
- Jump up and land on the box while keeping the same position.
- Step down and repeat the move.
- You must do at least 4 reps.
Weighted vest is the perfect companion to spice your training and boost the athletic abilities.