‘You are what you eat,’ this popular phrase is what shapes you up according to your diet plan. However, whatever you do, your nutritional plan plays the most crucial role.
A lot of us train hard and follow up every full body workout, but still feel the energy shortage.
Your nutritional needs and workout plans do not feel like going along.
Rather than experimenting randomly, what if you analyze the diet plans of the greatest martial arts fighters of the past and present?
The nutrition plans of successful martial arts fighters let them improve:
- Body Balance
- Workout Energy
- Stamina and Endurance
- Self- defense
- Energy Recovery
- Weight Management
What is the secret behind their diets that let them throw the opponent on the ground?
If you are equally curious to find out the type of diets consumed by the popular martial arts fighters, you have landed in the right place.
We have compiled a list of diet tips and tricks of 5 top martial arts fighters around the world.
Power up your nutrition and diet plan by following these golden diet tips from our martial arts heroes.
1. Shaolin Monks
Buddhism is all about compassion, simplicity, and peace. The diets of Shaolin Monks not only target the physical shape but also their spiritual souls. A diet that can purify the inner self of these Buddhists.
- Vegan Diet with Rice/Vegetables/Fruits to promote Pacifism, a key element of Buddhism.
- Raw/Steamed food with least Sugars/Fats to keep the meal.
- Soybeans/Soy Products such as tofu and seitan for Protein sources to avoid Dairy and Meat.
You might want to check out our protein recipes!
2. Gracie Diet
Gracie Family is one of the top families renowned for their regime in the Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu (BJJ). Here is how they spark up their martial arts training.
- Spaced Out Meals (4-5 hours meal break). Only Water is consumed during the meal time.
- No Dessert/Soda to avoid consuming too much sugar. It is Unhealthy and unimportant.
- Lower Carb Intake to avoid being lazy and a slow turtle. Only ‘enough’ carbs to Refuel Energy.
3. Bruce Lee
When it comes to a flexible body like a fiddlehead, only one name pops up in mind: Bruce Lee!
- Protein Shake with supplements such as Royal Jelly and Ginseng.
- Green Tea to boost up the Metabolism Rate and Energy. No Coffee for caffeine!
- More Carbs, Less Proteins and Fats. Prefer Vegetables and Rice as carbs’ sources.
- Multiple Meals (4-5/day)
4. Ronda Rousey
Popular Judoka and MMA champ Rona Rousey is very conscious about her diet. She never compromises on what must or must not get into her body.
- High Carb Breakfast like oatmeal for the Morning Boost.
- Half Protein/High Carb Lunch.
- Dinner with Protein Shakes and Probiotic Drinks.
- Snacks such as Almonds and Trail Mix.
- Don’t Eat within three hours of going to bed.
5. Fabricio Werdum
Werdum is the popular MMA and BJJ fighter who fights in the heavyweight class.
- Protein-Rich meals such as grilled chicken with protein shakes.
- Fat and Protein-based Paleo-Esque diet at least Carb Intake. Less Rice/Toast/Fruit!
- 8 Meals/Day with supplements like Protein Shakes.
Now that you have 5 different diet plans from the world famous martial arts fighters, select the one that suits you best.
Find out the one that resonates with your diet style. Or, mix up all of the diet plans and make a unique one for yourself.