Pull-up your fitness with pull up bars!
You must admit that you have ignored those poor pull-up bars for centuries. Most of the popular gyms across the globe have also eliminated it from their gyms. Why? It is an old-school equipment that is considered a piece of cake when it comes to advanced training. But what every athlete often ignores is that this simple accessory can help them perform dozens of other pull up bar exercises as well. Like everything else, pull ups also have variations. Pull-up bars are not used for pull-ups only. You can use it for simple exercises like chin-ups or even complex and tougher exercises like muscle ups.
Pull up bars are quite effective in building strength and power for your gym session. This is why they are very often used in military training protocols to train soldiers for extreme environments. The best way is to install one in your garage or home and benefit from it. It is true that to perform a pull up or a chin up, you need to have a very good strength.
Pull Up Bar Workout Routine
Here are 5 most effective pull up bar exercises for beginners.
When you pull yourself up to the bar, your complete body comes into play. Chin-ups ensure a total body workout but work best to tone your biceps and back (latissimus dorsi muscles).
- Keep your elbows straight and palms facing towards you in a perfectly hung-up position.
- Tighten up your body and keep your shoulders back and chest up.
- Pull your body up such that your chest hits the bar before you l body again.
- You can modify the exercise like negatives, jumping chin-ups, and flex hangs.
- Burpee Pull-Ups
Burpee pull ups works wonders for your strength and boosts the heart rate like none other. Higher the pull-up bar, harder will it become to perform the burpee pull-ups.
- Stand in front of your pull-up bar and drop down your body to make a squat position.
- Lower your body after kicking your feet back into a push-up position.
- Do a full-push-up or just a bow up.
- Go back to the squat position, jump up into the air, and perform a pull-up.
- Knees to Elbows
For all those who have done or even tried the cross-fit before must know of this technique which quite popular and common.
A few reps of this exercise lead you to ultimate weight loss.
- Keep your arms shoulder-width apart, and your palms must be facing away from you.
- Now hold the pull-up bar and sway the legs back.
- Bring your knees up until they are touching your chest and elbows (if possible).
- Lower your knees and repeat the move again.
This exercise is conventionally considered a floor or parallel bar exercise. However, it can increase the core strength tremendously if done with a pull-up bar.
- Use both hands to firmly hold the pull-up bar.
- Raise your both legs such that they become parallel to the floor.
- Don’t lower them down as in the hanging leg raises but maintain that position.
- Hold the position for as long as you can!
5. Muscle Ups
Most advanced and complex exercise to perform with pull-up bar is muscle-up. It guarantees long-term fat loss and improved cardio strength. You need a lot of practice and strength to perform a smooth and accurate muscle up. No, we’re not talking about a chicken wing muscle up here!
To perform one:
- Do a pull-up such that your chest is hitting the bar.
- Don’t stop there and keep on pulling yourself up until you have reached the top dip position.
- Lower down with control gradually.