Despite Joe Rogan’s insistence that Conor McGregor vs. Donald Cerrone was
“a done deal”, Dana White says the fight is still in negotiations. White said to TMZ,
“Not true. Not even close. It’s not even close to being done.”
While we wait to find out what’s next for Conor McGregor, “The Notorious” is taking it easy. Currently, he is serving a six-month suspension for his part in the UFC 229 post-fight melee with Khabib Nurmagomedov.
Nurmagomedov, too, is currently serving a suspension from the NSAC. Unfortunately, being the instigator, Nurmagomedov is serving nine months suspension. In fact, he intends to sit back for the year, in solidarity with his two teammates, who have also been fined and suspended.
McGregor, however, looks keen to get his fight career back on track once his suspension is up, which would be April 6. Meanwhile, the Irishman and UFC veteran Donald Cerrone have been taking shots at each other online.
Their exchanges started out friendly enough. When “Cowboy” won over Alexander Hernandez last month, he called out McGregor in his victory speech. In response, McGregor tweeted “I’ll fight you” following the TKO finish.
Donald Cerrone may prove to be a good restart for McGregor, who’s looking to bounce back from back-to-back losses since 2017. McGregor’s last win was against Eddie Alvarez in 2016.