Medicine balls are heavyweight balls available in various weights, colors and sizes. These balls can be used for many exercises and have a lot of advantages which is why professionals use them regularly in their workout sessions. One of the greatest advantages of using medicine balls is that they do not need much room to be used and they’re quite inexpensive as well. One of the best exercises which can be performed using a medicine ball is the pass exercise in which your chest and abs muscles are involved. This workout can be performed with or without a partner. The one in which you don’t need a partner is the wall/chest pass exercise and it focuses on your chest muscles and the other one in which a partner is included involves your abs muscles.
Medicine Ball Chest Pass
The chest pass or wall throw exercise is not difficult to perform and it exerts pressure on your chest muscles and makes them stronger and well-shaped. Mostly for this exercise, somewhat lightweight exercise balls are used so that it can be performed in an appropriate way. The steps which you need to follow to perform the workout in the right way are given below.
Pick up the ball with both hands and hold it in front of your chest. Make sure that you grab it firmly. Your elbows should be bent. This will be your starting position.
- Bend your knees slightly.
- Prepare to throw the ball against the wall forcefully and then throw it.
- Catch it as it comes back to you after striking the wall.
- Repeat this process so that you complete a set of nearly 12 repetitions.
- Perform at least 3 sets.
Medicine Ball Pass (With Partner)
For this exercise, you’ll need a partner and the exercise will benefit both the performers. The workout strengthens your abs muscles and shapes them quite well which is why you must perform it on regular basis. All you need to buy for performing this exercise is one heavy-duty medicine ball. To appropriately perform this workout, you must follow the below mentioned steps.
- Hold the ball in both your hands.
- Stand straight back-to-back against with your partner.
- Contract your abs a bit and extend your arms forward with the ball in your hands. This will be your starting position.
- Now keep your legs still and twist your torso and arms towards your right. Your partner should move left the same way at the same time.
- Now pass the ball to your partner and move towards your left the same way you moved to right. This time, your partner should be moving towards right.
- Now your partner should pass the ball to you.
- Keep repeating this process till you reach 12 repetitions and complete 3 sets.
Medicine Ball Lunge with Twist
Stand tall, holding the medicine ball in both hands at chest level. Step forward into a lunge with your left foot, making sure your knee doesn’t go past your foot and press the ball forward so that your arms are straight. Once there, twist to the left as far as you can, keeping your arms extended. Return back to center. Repeat twisting to the left for 30 seconds. Stand up, lunge forward with your right foot and repeat twisting to the right side twice for 30 seconds. Do three sets with each leg.