After giving you the perfect breakfast smoothie bowls, we are back with some easy to make recipes for your lunch. So put your chef’s hat on and get cooking, you will be done in a matter of minutes.
Here are 5 easy and healthy lunch recipes:
1. Roast Chicken & Vegetables
This one only takes some vegetables and a couple of pieces of chicken.
- All you have to do is roast potatoes, carrots, celery and onions in the over.
- Use a baking sheet.
- Place the chicken on top of them and cook the whole thing.
You will have a protein and nutrient filled lunch in no time.
2. Sweet & Sour Broccoli Salad
Broccoli isn’t the most favorite food in most households but it is packed full of nutrients so it has to be an essential part of your diet.
- You need ¼ cup of sweet and sour sauce.
- Add broccoli and sauce in a bowl, broccoli as needed.
- Put a small amount of sesame seed oil, 1 tablespoon should be enough.
- Add sesame seeds as desired.
- Put roasted cashews in the bowl and stir thoroughly and you are done.
3. Burrito Bowl
First you need to make a cream sauce for your burrito bowl.
- Mix together 1 cup sour cream, 1 tablespoon chipotle paste, 1 garlic clove essences, 1 lime essence and salt to taste.
- Get a large saucepan and put 1 and half cups of water in it.
- Put 1 cup rice and cook as per packet instructions. Mix the rice with 1 cup of salsa.
- Divide the rice into bowls and add lettuce, corn, beans, or any other choice burrito vegetables.
- Sprinkle some cream sauce on top and they are ready to eat.
4. Oven Fried Salmon Cakes
You need to preheat your oven to 425F before starting the recipe.
- You will need 1 salmon fish, medium sized.
- Make sure it doesn’t have any moisture before putting it in a bowl and removing the bones.
- The fish need to be in minced form.
- Add 2 beaten eggs, chopped sweet potato, half a cup of almond flour, half cup chopped parsley, salt, paprika, black pepper, and lemon zest to taste.
- Mix it all together, make small cakes and put it in a fridge for 10 minutes.
- Put some olive oil on the baking parchment and place the patties on it.
- 20 minutes of initial baking and flip them.
- 10 more minutes of baking and you can serve them with your favorite sauce.
5. Chicken Lettuce Wraps
These tasty chicken treats can be ready in less than 15 minutes.
- Put some olive oil in a pan and heat it up.
- Add some grounded chicken in the oil and cook until brown.
- Put in 2 cloves of garlic, chopped, some onion, soy sauce, ginger, to taste and cook for a couple of minutes.
- Add chestnuts and chopped green onions, also put in salt and pepper, all to taste.
- Place spoonful of lettuce on lettuce leaf to serve.