‘You are what you eat’ is a phrase common between us. However, most of us are not aware of its converse: ‘We eat what we are.’ There is no one-size-fits-all approach when it comes to your particular body type. From exercise routine to the weight loss plan, there is a different approach for different body types like apple, pear, and chili.
When you begin eating as per your body type, you would be amazed to notice the drastic results. Your body will quickly adapt to the eating plan and weight will come off naturally.
How To Eat Healthy For Your Body Type?
The best way to get the body of your dreams is to embrace the one you already have. Before blindly following any workout or diet plan, figure out the type of body you have.
Your body type is the key to figuring out the best diet and exercise program,” says Marie Savard, MD, an ABC News medical contributor.
Body type is not just about how you look. It provides a complete set of information about the response to your food intake as well as metabolic rates.
Once you are aware of the shape of your body, we have made the next step pretty easy for you. Here are the detailed diet plans for your particular body type. Now adjust nutrient intake accordingly and fulfill the body composition and health goals.
Diet Plan For Apple Shaped Body
Apples carry a lot of their fat around their middle but have a slim lower body. If you are an apple, it is quite easy for you to lose pounds as compared to the pears.
“Abdominal fat breaks down more quickly than fat stored in the butt and thigh area,” says Kathie Swift, RD, nutrition director for the UltraWellness Center in Lenox, Massachusetts.
Apples are advised to take 1500 calories per day:
- 600 from carbs
- 525 from fat
- 375 from protein
- Scrambled egg with spinach (1/4 cup) and mozzarella cheese (2 tablespoons)
- Lean ham (1 ounce)
- Whole wheat toast with canola-made margarine (1/2 teaspoon).
- Apple (small)
- Peanut butter (1 tablespoon)
- Whole wheat crackers (6)
- Cobb salad: Mixed greens (2 cups), tomato (1/2), sliced cooked chicken breast (2 ounces), hard-cooked egg (1), avocado (1/8), reduced-fat feta cheese (1 tablespoon), and low-fat Italian dressing (2 tablespoons)
- Small pear
- String cheese (1 piece)
- Sirloin steak (3-ounce) marinated in light soy sauce (1 tablespoon) and orange juice (1 tablespoon) and grilled.
- Small baked potato topped with each light sour cream and chives(1 tablespoon).
- Steamed broccoli (1/2 cup) with olive oil (1 teaspoon).
Light yogurt (1 cup) mixed with bran cereal (2 tablespoons) and frozen blueberries (1/2 cup)
Diet Plan For Pear Shaped Body
Contrary to apples, pears have smaller upper bodies but larger lower bodies. They store most of the fats on hips, thighs, and butt.
“When we drop pounds, our body burns through the fat around our middle, the kind linked to heart disease, diabetes, and cancer,” Dr. Savard says.
Pears are advised to take 1500 calories per day:
- 750 from carbs
- 375 from fat
- 375 from protein
- Oatmeal (1 pack)
- Medium banana (1)
- Orange juice (1/2 cup)
- Wheat crackers (6)
- Mozzarella cheese stick (1)
- Baby carrots (5)
- Celery sticks (10)
- Grapes (1/2 cup)
- Sandwich: Whole wheat bread (2 slices) with mayonnaise (1 teaspoon), lean deli roast beef (2 ounces), low-fat cheese (1 slice), lettuce, and tomato.
- Yogurt (1 cup)
- Apple (1 )
- Skinless and boneless grilled chicken breast (4 ounces) topped with a salsa made of black beans (1/2 cup) and diced tomatoes (1/4 cup).
- Steamed green beans (1 cup)
- Green salad(1 cup) and low-fat cheese (2 tablespoons) tossed with low-fat dressing (1 tablespoon)
- Whole wheat roll (1)
Sugar-free chocolate pudding cup (1)
Diet Plan For Chili Shaped Body
Chilis have an overall narrow shape from top to bottom with no particular weight difference between various body parts. If you are a chili, you will gain more weight around the middle as opposed to other body parts.
“Putting them at an increased risk for heart disease and diabetes,” Dr. Savard says.
Chilis are advised to take 2000 calories per day:
- 800 from carbs
- 700 from fat
- 500 from protein
- Omelet: Eggs (2) and chopped mushrooms, bell peppers, and shredded mozzarella cheese, each 1/4 cup.
- Turkey bacon (2 slices).
- Whole wheat bagel (1/2) with margarine made with canola oil (1 teaspoon).
Raisins and almonds (1/4 cup each)
- Black bean soup (1 cup).
- Whole wheat roll (1) with canola-made margarine (1/2 teaspoon).
- Spinach salad: Spinach (2 cups), sliced mushrooms (1/3 cup), a sliced hard-cooked egg, a slice of crumbled turkey bacon, Parmesan cheese (1 tablespoon), and vinaigrette dressing (2 tablespoons).
- Non-fat milk (3/4 cup)
- High-fiber cereal (1 cup)
- Grilled asparagus spears (6) that are brushed with olive oil (1 teaspoon) and pepper (1/8 teaspoon).
- Cooked brown rice (1/2) cup.
- Green salad (1 cup) with Italian dressing (1 tablespoon) and chopped walnuts (1 tablespoon).
- Salmon fillet (4 ounces) that is brushed with honey and soy sauce (1 teaspoon each).
- Light yogurt (1 cup)
- Peach (1)
With this detailed eating plan, now you can fully embrace your body. Eat what suits your body!