Available in many sizes and weights, medicine balls help to improve the muscular power and athletic abilities. When you are selecting the ideal weight for your med ball, pick one that is heavy enough to slow down your motion but light enough for better control and throws.
If you are just a beginner, you can use this old-school fitness accessory to work out your arms, abs, back, legs, and shoulders.
Medicine Ball Workouts For Weight Loss
When it comes to weight loss, you require some regular cardiovascular exercises to play along. You can use a medicine ball to keep on varying your cardio routines to shed some extra pounds. Hold it with both hands and toss it to another person, bounce it off the wall, or move it around in the exercises like squats. You can spice up your any workout with some cool med ball moves.
Medicine Ball Workout#1: Beginners
This medicine ball workout is a bundle of 4 different medicine ball exercises that must be performed in a circuit.You need to complete a total of 5 rounds of these exercises while resting as required.
Squat To Ball
- Place your feet shoulder-width apart and turn your toes slightly out.
- Place the ball on the floor behind you. You must be standing in such a way that your face is away from the med ball.
- Drive your knees out after bending the hips slightly towards the back. Now squat down as if you are sitting on the med ball.
- Your chest must be facing forwards and the lower back must be flat.
- Now stand up again and repeat the move.
- Do at least 15 reps.
- Hold the weighted medicine ball at the chest level.
- Now press it straight overhead while extending your arms straight.
- Keep your ribcage down and core braced.
- Go for 15 reps.
- Place your torso in parallel to the floor by bending back your hips.
- Ensure flat lower back and braced core.
- At arm’s length, hold the ball and row it to the belly.
- Squeeze the shoulder blades at the top (together).
- Try to do 15 reps.
- With the staggered legs, stand in a fighting stance.
- Use both hands to hold the ball in front of the chest.
- Drive the back knee into the ball in the form of a Muay Thai knee strike.
- Now pull down the ball to meet the knee at impact.
- Perform 5 reps on each side.
Bonus Medicine Ball Workout For Professionals
This medicine ball workout is for those who want to lose at least 10 pounds weight. Each exercise must be completed on a circuit with as many rounds as in 20 minutes.
- Keep the ball in front of you and keep the feet shoulder-width apart.
- Place hands on the ball and squat down.
- Jump back the feet and acquire the top pushup position while balancing on the ball with your hands.
- Now jump back the feet forward, stand straight, and press the ball overhead.
- To add up complexity, you might want to add a jump at the top.
- Do 15 reps.
- Place one hand on the ball and acquire a pushup position.
- Towards the floor, lower the chest and push up. Do this while switching the hand on the ball.
- For more results, do this such that you switch the hands mid air and your opposite hand lands on the ball.
- While sitting on the floor, incline the knees at 45 degrees.
- Your heels must rest on the floor.
- Grab the ball in front of the chest and now point your toes to the shins.
- Lean back the torso by 45 degrees.
- Twist to one side.
- Next to your hip, tap ball on the floor.
- Repeat the same move with the opposite side.
- Try to do at least 10 reps with each side.