The heavyweight main event of UFC Fight Night: Lewis vs. Spivak (UFC Fight Night 218, UFC on ESPN+ 76 and UFC Vegas 68) was shocking! This event featured an epic heavyweight match-up between the former title contender Derrick “The Black Beast” Lewis, and Serghei “Polar Bear” Spivac. Lewis was looking to break his two-fight skid while Spivac sought to extend his winning streak. Furthermore Da-un Jung from South Korea and Devin Clark, and others from Dana White’s “Lookin’ For a Fight” series, will compete in the co-headlining light heavyweight bout.
Serghei Spivac vs Derrick Lewis
Round 1: The fight begins with a flurry of punches from both competitors. Lewis fakes a jab and Spivac responds, leading to a powerful hip throw that puts him in kesa gatame. When Lewis attempts to stand up, he gives away his back and is quickly brought down by Spivac.
With superior control in the mount position, Spivac unloads heavy ground and pound. Despite multiple attempts to break free, Lewis is taken down again. A series of consecutive body lock takedowns later, Spivac locks in an arm triangle choke – forcing Lewis to tap out.
Serghei Spivac wins against Derrick Lewis via submission (arm triangle) at 3:04 of round 1. Spivac then went on to put the heavyweights on notice, asking for top five big fights in his post fight interview.
Co-Main and Main Card; Lewis vs. Spivak
- Devin Clark def. Jung Da-un via unanimous decision (30-27 on all cards)
- Marcin Tybura def. Blagoy Ivanov via unanimous decision (30-27, 29-28, 29-28)
- Choi Doo-ho vs. Kyle Nelson – majority draw (29-27, 28-28, 28-28)
- Adam Fugitt def. Yusaku Kinoshita via TKO at 4:36 of round 1
- Anshul Jubli def. Jeka Saragih via TKO at 3:44 of round 2
- Lee Jeong-yeong def. Yi Zha via split decision (27-30, 29-28, 29-28)
- Rinya Nakamura def. Toshiomi Kazama via KO at 0:33 of round 1
- Park Hyun-sung def. Choi Seung-guk via submission (rear-naked choke) at 3:11 of round 3.
- Park Jun-yong def. Denis Tiuliulin via submission (rear-naked choke) at 4:05 of round 1
- Tatsuro Taira def. Jesús Santos Aguilar via submission (triangle armbar) at 4:20 of round 1
With that a stellar UFC Fight Night 68 ends with amazing submissions and knockouts all around. Now we eagerly await UFC 284: Makhachev Vs Volkanovski, Live From The RAC Arena In Perth, Western Australia On February 11, 2023.